CSL Whiterock – Town Hall Meeting August 23, 2015
Purpose of the Meeting: Meeting: to inform and seek input from community members concerning current financial challenges facing the Centre
Present: All Board members, Rev Terry Shea, and 40+ members in attendance
Opening Treatment by Rev. Terry
- David Lee, our Treasurer, outlined the monthly deficits that were rapidly depleting our cash reserves
- Below are brief statements and responses provided to members
General Themes, Comments, and Questions:
- For those interested in making regular contributions by credit card so that the Centre is funded even in my absence. Is there a process in place?
David: there is handling cost to the Center though the cost is small for not-for profits like us
Rev Terry: processing credit card payments is already in place on the website through the donate button.
- Have we considered changing the venue? David: lease at this location. We would need to look into the terms of our lease should we choose to move.
- We need to address CAUSE of our deficit; not just the EFFECT (money issues) if we want to resolve this; We want to talk about how to build commitment Georgia: support of these ideas; where is our consciousness and what king of center do we want
- We decided to post comments from the meeting to the community blog and invite members who attended to comment, those who could not attend to ask questions and for all of us to specifically address the following questions.
What kind of Centre do you want?
What are you willing to commit to or are you willing to commit to have THAT Centre?
The community I want has: spiritual conversations; lessons and discussion, sharing. We need to discuss advertising that expresses spirituality vs. being ‘churchy’
I like focused discussions
Closing remarks – and appreciation for everyone’s contribution; change of thinking (cause) changes our lives; let’s not be tied to what the solution might look like but let’s take ownership of the problem AND the solution.
I am willing to;
see this as my Centre
treat for prosperity for myself and for the Centre
hold fundraisers (a Book Sale)
commit to children and teens
practice Seva by volunteering (encouraging others by my commitment)
The Board continues to address the issues raised in this meeting is grateful for ALL of the suggestions received from you the members. Watch this blog and engage with us in finding solutions.